Here’s to New Beginnings!
Marking the beginning of my new passion project and Engage Educational Solutions, LLC
On March 13, 2020, I awoke to what was supposed to be the “finish line” of a months-long admission cycle marathon as the Director of Admission at a wonderful little school in La Jolla, California. The exciting milestone of this time of year is usually marked by contacting families with news about admission decisions and putting welcome packets in the mail. Instead, the day was occupied by the executive order and state of emergency issued by our state’s governor. Doesn’t that feel like a lifetime ago? To me and my family, it definitely does. For me, in some ways, it really is. With the change in pace and priorities in the subsequent months, I was given the opportunity to pause, reflect, and revise my priorities. In my soul searching I realized that:
- The world is facing several extraordinary crises (systemic racism, COVID-19, and climate change to name a few)
- Major life circumstances change from hour to hour rather than month to month or year to year
- People are scared, angry, vulnerable, and exhausted
- The world is united in its suffering from these circumstances, although daunting and unwanted
- There is an opportunity for unprecedented, positive change in our world if we can unite around solutions to these crises
- With an open mind, courage, innovation, empathy, and love we can positively impact the lives of others
- Education is a powerful change agent will be a pivotal part of solutions
- I want to be a part of the solutions
With these realizations in mind, I began a bit of a life makeover. Out of this process, Engage Educational Solutions was born!
My mission is to empower knowledge workers, thinkers, teachers, and learners to engage with each other and with the world to bring about positive change. With service, professional development, and empathy as my guiding principals, I partner with individuals, organizations, and schools to leverage the full power of technology and the unique gifts of every human mind.
So, here’s to new beginnings! I look forward to connecting with you soon.